If you are ever asked to point out a bad movement, we are pretty sure you won’t be able to name any specific one. The fact is whether it is about innovation, craftsmanship or industry certifications, Rolex continued to surpass in every field indisputably since its inception. Eventually, nearly all Rolex watches tend to retain their value with time. Thus, people often choose to ‘sell my Rolex’ or sell Rolex watches with full confidence to raise instant cash.
However, the most significant watch component that worth attention is the complex Rolex movement. Now, you may be wondering:
‘What are the best and indeed, the most complicated movements ever made by Rolex?’
Many people apparently believe that the Calibre 4130 movement housed inside Rolex Daytona is one of the best automatic chronographs ever made. However, it is ideally not the Calibre 4130 that will top our list of the three most complicated movements made by Rolex. If you are interested to know more, continue reading below:
1. The Calibre 9001 Movement
There is no denying of the fact that the Calibre 9001 is the most complex movement ever created by Rolex. Interestingly, one of the popular and indeed, the most complicated Rolex ever made – the Rolex Sky-Dweller model is powered by the Calibre 9001. So, what makes the movement so unique?
- The Calibre 9001 movement can simultaneously track the time of two distinct time zones.
- The traditional hour markers hands show the local time of the second time zone, whereas, the home time is illustrated on the 24-hour disc.
- Moreover, the Calibre 9001 movement also features an annual calendar complication.
The calendar complication needs resetting only once every year. While it keeps track of the date as well as the month, the calendar function can also differentiate between the months with 31 and 30 days.
Also Read: How to Verify the Authenticity of a Rolex watch?
However, the most significant feature of the Calibre 9001 is the assembly of Ring Command 60-component bezel. This ideally keeps this movement first in our list of the three most complex Rolex movements. The 60-component Ring Command bezel connects the outer bezel to the internal movement.
Consequently, it enables the wearer to turn the bezel effortlessly and choose the specific movement’s complication he/she wants to adjust with the crown.
Overall, it simplifies the user experience.
2. The Calibre 4130 Movement
The Calibre 4130 movement that powers the Rolex Daytona is known to take five years to create. When Rolex launched it in 2000, the Calibre 4130 was the brand’s ever first in-house patent movement in over 50years. While this automatic movement offered more accuracy and durability than the Zenith-based Calibre 4030, the Calibre 4130 became one of the best automatic chronograph movements in the world.
The aspect that makes the Rolex patent Calibre 4130 special is that the movement performs more with less.
- In simple words, more components may typically sound like a good thing.
- But, in the case of sports watches, every element has to be incredibly precise and accurate. Otherwise, they can slow down the functions.
- Here, Rolex utilised the additional space to enhance the balance wheel’s size for better accuracy.
- The extra space is also used to increase the mainspring barrel, thereby bringing up the power reserve from 54hours to 72hours.
The other significant ingenuity with the Calibre 4130 movement was the vertically-coupled clutch. This enables for precise beginning and end functions for the seconds-hand of the chronograph. Moreover, the vertical clutch allows the watch to run continually for a prolonged time without affecting the accuracy of other calibre parts.
3. The Calibre 4161 Movement
The Rolex Yacht-Master II houses the Calibre 4161 self-winding movement. It is known to have been devised based on the Calibre 4130 inside the popular Rolex Daytona. Here lie the similarities:
- Both the Rolex Yacht-Master II and the Rolex Daytona are chronographs
- The Calibre 4161 as well as the Calibre 4130 share essential features including the blue Parachrom hairspring. It provides better resistance and a massive power reserve up to 72hours.
- Nonetheless, the Calibre 4161 movement also comes with certain aspects that make it deserving of unique recognition.
- This self-winding movement can track an incredibly complex countdown of a regatta race.
- The 360-component self-winding Calibre allows the skipper to begin and reset the timer easily and quickly.
- Like the Calibre 9001, this self-winding movement also features a Ring Command bezel. But, this time, it controls the time mechanisms.
Moreover, the Calibre 4161movement is accurate to within two seconds per day, exceeding the standard of the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute for durability and precision.
How to sell your Rolex watch online?
Selling a Rolex watch online is secure and straightforward. If you choose a trustworthy buyer to sell your Rolex watch, selling it online would be simpler and more convenient. From filling up the online form to getting paid, selling your Rolex watch online could take as little as two days to complete.
Also Read: The History of Rolex Cosmograph Daytona
Thus, for those who are looking to ‘sell my Rolex online’ or ‘sell Rolex watch’ in London or from anywhere in the UK, begin the process by:
- Filling up our online form with information as much as possible
- Receive an initial quote by email or phone
- Send your watch to get the final offer
- Accept it & get paid immediately.